Friday, April 11, 2008

Unfettered

Good afternoon, or morning, or evening, depending on when you read this. I woke up this morning feeling about a thousand percent better than yesterday. I felt bogged down, bloated, unhappy, restless and irritable. Wow, fun day, I know. But today, I awoke to the sun shining in the bedroom windows, feeling more like a kid when I used to wake up at my grandparents' house in Port Charlotte on vacation than an overworked, somewhat disillusioned, bitter second year resident. Hence, I named the blog entry "unfettered". Easy. I've spent 3 hours working on emailing auto dealers haggling over lease deals, completing overdue tax forms and home office filing without one minute of resentment. I feel almost healed.

Yesterday, I was very distraught. I felt bloated and miserable. So, this morning, I took a look at my little calendar that serves as a daily health record of sorts. I record my weight in there too. When I stopped eating animal parts, I lost between 13 and 16 pounds. However, for the past 3 months, my weight has been within 2 pounds of where it is now-a pound either way. Even with increased exercise and better food intake this week, I'd actually gained weight. Not to mention a recurrence of menstrual irregularities (and not the good kind) in the past 3 weeks - due to soy? I don't know. Oh, and last night, with my fake chicken strips that are "an excellent source of protein", I decided I'd had enough. My feelings of better health eating veggie are gone. I couldn't eat the "chicken". I think they even recreated gristle! Ick. So, I won't stop eating the soy foods I enjoy, because I do enjoy a large number of them, but I want more variety. I do believe that will include animal products. I'm sure this will make my uncle Dan happy, carnivore that he is :)

Ok, today, I'm lifting my upper body and adding an additional cross training cardio workout at the gym. Time to start burnin' some off some dead weight.

No comments: