Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A little history...

I started running on May 1st, 2005. I'd run before then, but my goal was this: to enjoy running. I began in Lima, Ohio when I went to do my family practice rotation with Nick Powers in Wapakoneta (the best rotation of med school, okay, maybe second to my ER months). I ran 2 minutes on the treadmill in the little fitness center in St. Rita's hospital, and walked 28, and worked up from there. Since then I've run a bunch of races, including two marathons.

Tomorrow is May 1st, 2008. I do things in threes, usually. Life seems to work out that way. Well, my new 3 year running plan, I s'pose, starts tomorrow. I have had a tough time getting my head in the game. So, tomorrow, as I venture into the world of cardiology for my last foray into a dedicated month of it, I'm going to do a little running soul searching. Where I am is CERTAINLY not where I want to be! But, hey, the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step (or 2 minutes on the treadmill).

Here's to fun running!

PS - I ran 2 miles today - and logged a personal best mile (it must be individual, b/c the 2 mile total was mediocre) and got to hear Paula Radcliffe congratulate me! (This Nike iPod thing is STILL awesome!!!!).

No comments: