Saturday, April 5, 2008

Insomniac



Every so often, I can't sleep. This used to happen all the time as a kid. It'd take me a good 2 hours to fall asleep, then I couldn't get up in the morning. Now, for the past 4 days, I wake up after 3 hours of sleep and whammo! I'm up. So, today, at 2:30 am, I tried to sleep for 25 minutes, and decided "I'll just get up. Stop fighting it." I hopped online, caught a 12 step meeting at 3 am (they happen every 3 hours) and figured I'd update my blog. I was working nights at the end of last month, so maybe that has something to do with it.

As long as I'm not fighting it, I'm pretending I can't sleep because I'm so excited to start a new day! It's now 4 am, I have 3 hours until 7, when I'm going for a run. I may stay up until then, and take a nap later. We'll see. I think it's better just to let myself be excited than to dream up some reason why my otherwise healthy 34 year old body can't handle a few days with less sleep. I appreciate those few extra hours to catch a meeting, update my blog (here's a pic of Greg and I on Main Street, USA), send a few emails. Thanks insomnia!

No comments: