Saturday, March 22, 2008

Next Time No Burnout


Okay. After the Gasparilla Marathon in February 2007, I did nothing for 2 months and gained 15 pounds. I swore I wouldn't do it again after Disney this January. Well, here it is, March 22nd. I've run a few times (let's see...on NikePlus it says I ran 6 times since the marathon) and only gained 3 pounds. I started writing this post to berate myself for not getting off my duff and doing more, but as I see it now, I did better than last year! But, it's getting to be that time. We signed up for the Goofy Challenge in 2009. Not sure what bunch of craziness came over me, but I'm excited.

I didn't train very well for Disney. As John Bingham says "
Being a slow runner is not the same as being an unprepared runner." I was unprepared. I had a lot going on (what a crap excuse - maybe I would have had less stress if I ran more!) and used a different training program. It took me 45 minutes longer than my first marathon, when I'd love to be about 45 minutes faster! Plus, Greg and I want to take pics this time throughout Disney so I can't be his literal ball & chain. So, for Goofy, I will be prepared. I think I'm going to go back to Hal Higdon with some modifications because it's a two day event. I've read other bloggers and forums about training for Goofy, and I am going to do so again, because I really would like a training program that is really set. My own personal coach, so to speak. By the way, my Nike plus ipod gadget (who i named iSis (get it?)) is great. I ran 3 miles last Thursday - on the boooooring treadmill at the gym and wouldn't have finished it but for that voice in my ear "one more mile to go".

Alrighty then, I'm off to do some research on Goofy training. Have a great Easter, if that's your thing!

No comments: