Sunday, March 23, 2008

Good Morning

It's 5:00 pm and I just got up. I work at 7pm, but it's only one shift, so I'm hoping I can convince Greg to run with me after work. I'll have to take my camera down to where we run so I can post it. Maybe I'll get my dolphin in the pics. I think I have a working Goofy training schedule. I'm combining Hal Higdon's Intermediate Marathon Training Guide with the info from the sample 2 weeks from Jenny Hadfield & John Bingham's Goofy Training Program. I plan on buying that one when it gets closer, especially because it's only 4 days a week. I'm sure I'll tweak it a bit throughout April, to start pretraining in May. As I said, I wasn't prepared for Disney, so this year, I'm adding two days a week of cross training (likely yoga or cycling or swimming), two days of strength training, and stretching every day. My diet needs some work, as I've had some issues in the past with fluctuating weight (doesn't that sound much more pleasant than it's been?) so until my training picks up, I'm sticking with 3 meals a day, no snacks. "No one ever died not eating between lunch and dinner."

No comments: