Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who woulda thunk?

So, this morning I woke up irritable. I didn't fall asleep until around 4 (got home from work at about 12:30pm, tossed and turned until then), and slept until 10:30. I read some 12 step stuff, to try to grab some serenity, had some breakfast, coffee without half and half because we're out - argh - and answered some email. I wandered around a bit, not wanting to do a THING on my to-do list. My knee still hurts from throwing myself on the sidewalk Saturday, so I had the perfect excuse not to run. But, I thought, just go run, you're only scheduled to do 3 today.

I got out my Wayne Dyer podcast, and headed around the neighborhood. What a gorgeous day! It's 83 degrees, mostly sunny. I heard about an awesome site www.hollyriddel.com on the show. Her rings are wonderful.

Then, about mile 1.5, I have an epiphany. I am no longer restless! If I don't do everything (or anything) on my to-do list, it's not a catastrophe. I didn't work out yesterday because of work and feeling terrible from my tetanus shot, and lo and behold, when I don't work out, those feelings of restlessness, irritability and discontent run rampant!

Somehow, I think I've become one of THOSE people. You know, the ones who "have" to work out? If I don't work out for long periods of time, my migraines come back; they are very sensitive to stress after all. But, I have never been an "I have to work out every day kind of gal". Hmmm. Never even saw it coming.

No comments: