Friday, June 13, 2008

Unlucky? Nah!

It's Friday the 13th. I'm hanging out at my Dad's for the weekend. It's awesome. We just chatted for a while before bed (it's 11 o'clock - late!!!). Some things just make me frustrated. I can't spend as much time as I'd like with family because of residency. But, when I'm done, I'll have the means and the time to do so. I'm listening to a book again my Matthew Kelley - he states that time is not the most important resource. That distinction goes to energy. We are all given 24 hours in a day, but our energy to make the most of it is what differs between us. Hmmm, I intend to agree. If someone requires me to spend 14 hours of that 24 at work, by default, my relationships suffer. I wonder, is it the best situation? Is it worth it? Now, it has to be, I suppose. I love my job, and want to do it for a long time, which will require the time commitment now. So, again, delayed gratification. There is no happiness without discipline. But no running today or yesterday (call, then driving, poor excuses) ~sigh~

1 comment:

Porters said...

Hello Maureen, Greg called Bill on Fathers day and I was able to talk to him alittle. I told him I would send him my blog address but I don't have his email would you please give him our address. He wanted to see how big the kids were getting. Thanks! I hope all is well and that you will be able to get some more sleep here soon.
paulporterfamily.blogspot.com