Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tempus Fugit

It has been almost a month already, since I wrote last. I'm thinking that if it became more of a habit...oh, much like other things...more on that later.

Since I wrote, I turned 36, ran my third Disney marathon, hurt my foot, registered for a few triathlons and have yet to see any "gains" on my fat loss efforts. Which brings me to my current musings. I am frustrated with the fact that I was able to train for an Ironman and gain fat. I cannot fathom how that is possible. Oh, that pesky physics thing? Okay, so there is that. Overfuel = overfat. Hmmm, rather simple equation.


Except right now I can't run. Well, I can, but I limp like there's no tomorrow because my foot is quite painful. Running the Disney Marathon with a wind chill (IN FLORIDA) of 16 degrees Farenheit was not all that much fun. It felt like running on blocks of ice with nerve endings. So swim and bike it is. I have started to weight train two or three times a week, which is good. I'm excited to see gains with that.


Random ramblings, I know. I'm feeling a bit down about things, so, I'm going to do a little retail therapy at www.splish.com  - they have a sale going on, you know ;)

2 comments:

MsRuckus said...

Pilates reformer. You won't believe the difference it makes with everything. Will change your body faster than anything else and make you a better all around athlete. Wish I was certified now to train you but VS has some great instructors.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

That was a great day, wasn't it??
For the first time in a year, Arnie and I DID NOT ride on that epic day.
I'm right there with you on the weight plateau. Nothing seems to work, so I tried Krispy Kreme donuts this morning to see if that can jog something loose....
I will keep you abreast of the progress of the donut diet...