Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm Back! Back in the paddles again...

Okay, many apologies to Aerosmith, but I just couldn't resist. I started swimming again this morning. It felt great. I did 1000 yards before work.
200 warm up
5x100 IM
4x50, sprint down, easy back
100 easy
We didn't end up finishing with rounds until close to 8 pm, but I still came home and ran 2 miles. I was pretty proud of myself for doing that, actually. What I really felt like doing was a whole lot of nothing.

But, I'm reading a book called "The Seven Levels of Intimacy" by Matthew Kelley. Well, I'm listening to it, really. I love audiobooks on the ipod. And now that my new (awesome) car has an mp3 jack, I'm all set. Anyway, this book is exceptional. A tidbit I want to share is that our number one purpose is to become the best version of ourselves.

So any decision, any action, any choice can be filtered through that question, "will this ________ get me closer to the best version of myself."

Kelley also states that there is no lasting happiness without discipline. Hmmm.... food for thought, so to speak. More on that later...

No comments: