Yep, I've got 'em. My last particularly bad one was a little over 2 years ago. I can remember the nasty buggers because they usually occur either during stress or shortly after the stressful event "breaks". Thank goodness, it looks like this one is at the end of a shift (and I'm not talking work shift!). Today I woke up with a doozy. Nausea, jackhammer in my head, but at least no vertigo! I got that for the first time with a cold a couple weeks ago. Interesting, that. Anyway, the headache is almost gone, which means I can get back on the trainer. Short plan today, only 30 minutes. My coach would have me do more, but that's another story. Inadequacy does nothing for my life or productivity.
In order to better plan things for my current triathlon season, after discussion with my husband, who is definitely trizophrenic, I am coming up with my goals for triathlon in general. These stem from my original goals (well, there was only one) for running I developed on May 1st, 2005:
1. Have fun (that was the only rule in 2005, to learn to enjoy running)
2. Well, I'm not sure I can think of another goal so this might be a moot point. I guess I could say to complete the races I've signed up for, most urgently, the Galveston 70.3. Ok, so that leads me to...
3. Complete IMAZ 10 happier than I finished IMFL 09 (I sense a theme). Now, the interesting thing, is that in order to finish happier, there are a few things that have to happen. Most of these conditions are intertwined.
- leave more cushion at the end than 17 seconds!!!!!
- be lighter and leaner
- be more comfortable on my bike for long periods of time
- not vomit my guts up 5-6 days before the race (we'll have address that later I suppose)
- be stronger
What am I doing now to accomplish those things? I've revamped my eating and strength training, for one. My body is feeling much better (migraine notwithstanding) with a higher protein load and 3 day a week lifting schedule. I'm likin' it. And, last, but not least, what I'm doing today...
Getting on the trainer for a short workout today, even with the migraine.
4 weeks ago